Wednesday, October 10, 2012

31 for 21: Day 10 Acceptance

One of my family members posted this on Facebook a few days ago and I thought it spoke volumes....

Kids with Special Needs are not weird or odd. They only want what everyone else wants... to be accepted. She continued to say... Can I make a request? Is anyone willing to post this in honor of all children who were made in a unique way. Let's see who has a strong heart.

At first I thought it was a perfect thing to write for a post for Down Syndrome Awareness month, but the more I read the blurb I kept thinking that it didn't just include children specifically with special needs, as it mentions "all children who were made in a unique way." I was brought up to think that everyone was unique and different and we should accept them for who they are, not by what makes them different.

So I plead just like my family member, if you choose to act upon my request. Post the original post either on your blog or Facebook or whatever other social media you use. Lets see how many people we can reach with this message. I believe it is important to share the message of acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment