Monday, January 23, 2012

Count Down to Surgery.

It's been awhile since I've posted. I've had a lot on my mind with Piper's upcoming surgery. I've been busy getting mentally prepared and making sure everything is in order. It's been really hard and obviously Piper has no idea that she is going to have this major surgery. People keep telling me that it will be OK and that the surgeon does this everyday....it's like riding a bike for him. But it isn't something WE do everyday. I know this surgery will give Piper the chance of a long healthy life, but I dread walking to that door in the hospital where I have to pass her to the hospital staff, and then go wait in a waiting room for what will feel like an eternity. I just can't wait until it is all over and I can take my baby home with me. But before that day comes I would like to thank everyone who has and will be thinking of us over the next week. I plan on posting while in hospital to keep people updated on Piper's road to recovery (great title for my next few blogs). Until then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment