Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Piper's First Turkey Day

Thursday was Piper's first Thanksgiving. In the past Mark and I hosted Thanksgiving while my parents hosted Christmas. As it will be Piper's first Christmas we decided to switch hosting days. So after a visit from Loren, we made our way over to my parents for Thanksgiving. 

This year we have a lot to be thankful for. The last two thanksgivings were spent mourning over two pregnancy losses. It was such a wonderful day to be thankful to have Piper as part of our family. As always my mother made too much food, but all of it was delicious. Because of what Mark, I and our families have been through this past year it was nice just to enjoy each others company and really appreciate life and what we have.
I'm really looking forward to next year's Thanksgiving where Piper will be able to enjoy the food, albeit in a pureed form. It's better then just drinking breast milk 24/7. I hope you enjoy the photos from our first thanksgiving as a happy family.










No comments:

Post a Comment