Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spread the Word to End the Word

Today is Spread the Word to End the Word Day. A day where people pledge to stop using the R-word. I will admit before Piper I had thrown around the R-word, not knowing its true affects on other people. I didn't use it all the time and personally wasn't offended when I heard other people use it or see it being said on tv or in the movies. I made a conscious effort not to use the R-word, when I met Colin and Colin's family. Getting to know them I realized how hurtful the word actually is. Since having Piper, I have gained a new perspective on the word from a personal level.

I watched the movie, "My Idiot Brother" earlier this year. I rented it because I am a big fan of Paul Rudd and usually like the movies he is in. This was the first time that I was really offended by the R-word and actually couldn't watch the rest of the movie because of it. Since then I have seen many campaigns for getting rid of the r-word. I think that educating people about how the word affects other people is very important.

Please stand up with us to end this word. Check out www.r-word.org and pledge to eliminate the word. Check out this video and others like it on YouTube.

 You can also check out this clip from Good Morning America.
Good Morning America fight against the R-Word

No comments:

Post a Comment